This policy relates to all information provided by you to assist us in the process of providing our services to you as our client.
We are extremely concerned to protect your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all users of our site are quite rightly concerned to know that their data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party. Our policy is both specific and strict. It complies with UK law and with the laws of all jurisdictions of which we are aware. If you think our policy falls short of your expectations or that we are failing to abide by our policy, do please tell us. Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to an unrelated third party, any personally identifiable information.
Here is a list of the information we collect, and why it is necessary to collect it:
- Basic identification and contact information, such as your name, address, date of birth and contact details.
This information is used:
to provide you with the services which you request
- for answering your enquiries
- for verifying your identity for security purposes and Proceeds of Crime Act 2002
- enabling third parties to deal with any issues as per your agreement
- Your e-mail address is recognised by our system and recorded when you send email to us. We shall use it only to correspond with you or otherwise strictly in accordance with your instructions.
As Internet communications are capable of data corruption, Taylor Aitken does not accept any responsibility for changes made to messages after being sent. Please note that Taylor Aitken does not accept any liability or responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan attachments (if any). Opinions and views expressed in an e-mail are those of the sender and may not reflect the opinions and views of Taylor Aitken.
- Financial information relating only to your credit card paymentsThis information is never taken by us through our website. At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of PayPal. That page may be dressed in our “livery”, but it is not controlled by us. Our staff and contractors never have access to it.
- Business and personal informationThis includes all information given to us in the course of your business and ours, such as information you give us in your capacity as our client. We need to keep all such information to continue to serve you. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. We expect you to reciprocate this policy.
- Update your informationAt any time you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by contacting us. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before making corrections to your information.
- Information we obtain from third partiesAlthough we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we do receive data which is indirectly made up from your personal information, from services which are freely available online and in the public domain.
- Disclosure to Government and their agenciesWe are subject to the law like everyone else. We may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
- At any time you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by contacting us at the address below. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
- We do not rent, sell or otherwise disclose any of your information to any person outside Taylor Aitken other than in the course of our services.
- Reliance on Information posted - Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
- Use of Website - You are permitted to use our website for your own purposes and to print and download material from this Website provided that you do not modify any content without our written consent. Material on this website must not be republished online or offline without our permission.The copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this Website are owned by us or our licensors and must not be reproduced without our prior consent.